Welcome to my technical wiki. My name is Jonathan Gardner, and I'll be your host.
This wiki is really designed for myself. Think of it as an open notebook.
This wiki isn't intended for users to contribute to. However, I greatly appreciate questions, comments, suggestions and corrections sent to my email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't be shy.
- Interesting Languages: Languages I need to look at later.
- My Languages: Every programmer should think deeply about what makes a programming language good or bad, and every programmer should have an ideal language they'd like to write in.
- Fundamental Concepts of Computer Languages: Discussion on the various elements of good languages and why.
Software Development Methods and Best Practices
- Unix Utilities
- Synergy + Putty on Windows
- Website Checklist
- SSL Certificates
- Writing a TCP/IP Service
- Linux and Windows
- Window Managers
- Web Browsers
- Text Editor
- Hardware Hacking
- Home Network with Linux
- Lazy evaluation allows macros
- The Perfect Wiki
- Organize Everything
- Universal ID
- How to learn physics
- An Open Social Network
- Starting a Tech Business
- OO By Attributes
- Another Kind of MUD
I'm going to rant on a variety of topics.
- Software Development Best Practices --- How to handle HR for software teams.
- Ideal Software Language
- How to write good code
- Learn from the Past
- Why I won't use your software
- Common Lisp Open Library -- A set of useful packages to complement your Common Lisp programming. (Mostly abandoned now.)
- Infiniweb -- A website you build organically.
- Pyli: An experimental Pythonic Lisp written in Python.
- MUD: How to write a MUD in Python
- Id: A universal id server idea
- Facts: A facts database
- Memory: A tool to help memorize facts
- Knowledge Vault: A tool to increase your intelligence with computer assistance
- Universal Dictionary - A dictionary and word map for all languages.
- HyperCard Clone: I've never used Hypercard, but I think I get the idea. I want to build a clone that is not web-based.
- Community: Software to build communities, respecting privacy and ownership.